Masthead
I was unsure of what style of font to use for my masthead on my front cover and contents page. I wanted to know what the general public thought and to gain some feedback. To do this, I uploaded a image to Twitter asking anyone to leave a comment of what style of font was their favourite. I gave a choice of three similar styles of which were all found from www.dafont.com. I chose to gain feedback from Twitter in particular as many of my followers are the same age as my target audience. All three are serif fonts which is what I want my masthead to be. This is because serif fonts are more interesting and appealing for the reader. I also think serif font look more professional and stylish meaning the overall look of the magazine will be more sophisticated.
The feedback I received told me that I should use the first font style to be the masthead. I found this feedback very useful as it helped to gain ideas on what the public want from my magazine.
The chosen font was called 'Mary Jane' from www.dafont.com. I will use this font for the masthead of front cover and contents page.
General Text
For my general text around the main image on my front cover I will used the font called 'Iskoola Pota' on Photoshop. I like this font because it is stylish, modern and easy to read.
Header/Tag Line
Inserted below is the font I have chosen for my header/tag line. I wanted to pick a font that related back to the back to school theme. Therefore I chose a classic American 'old school' font which is recognisable.




No comments:
Post a Comment